HIGH PERFORMANCE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
Mississippi State University’s High Performance Leadership Institute (HPLI) is designed to help school leaders dramatically improve their schools. Whether underperforming and aiming for successful or flourishing and striving for star ("A") status, HPLI participants use innovative approaches based on six design principles for high-performing schools that lead to rapid change rather than incremental improvements.
WHAT SESSION TOPICS ARE INCLUDED DURING HPLI?
During the High Performance Leadership Institute you can expect to cover:
- Using six design principles for high-performing schools
- Hiring the best talent
- Planning for continuous improvement
- Implementing common instructional practices
- Communication tools to improve collaboration and teamwork
- Having crucial conversations
- Using data to drive achievement
- Implementing instructional rounds
- Understanding pathways and career advising
- Connecting with community partners
- Other topics may be customized
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE HPLI PROGRAM?
The fee for the entire program is $6,750 per team. To help participants focus on learning and to promote team building, the sessions take place on the MSU campus. The fee covers all training, materials, and lunches while attending sessions. The district is responsible for travel expenses.
WHAT IS THE COHORT SCHEDULE?
HPLI cohorts usually follow a two-year schedule as outlined below:
- Summer 1 (2 days)
- Fall 1 (2 days)
- Spring 1 (2 days)
- Summer 2 (2 days)
- Fall 2 (2 days)
- Spring 2 (2 days)